Saturday, April 15, 2006

More photos

Friday, a week ago: the early afternoon sun coming into my office window meant I could actually strip down to a T-shirt! Remembering from previous experience that bright attractive weather can be gone within hours, I skipped off work for an hour to go for a walk. Here are a few pictures I took along the way...



This morning, at 6:40am, I was woken up by the sun reflecting off my bedroom window and into my eyes. Seven and a half days later, another clear sky. Remembering from previous experience that bright attractive weather can be gone within hours, I fell back to sleep for two hours, read my book, had a shower and ate breakfast. Lucky for me it was still clear and sunny four hours later, when I finally ventured outside for another walk.

I declare today to be the first day of spring at Grimsö. A couple of drizzly days have rid the ground of a lot of snow, and my stroll was comfortably taken without the use of a heavy jacket or thermal underwear.




I didn't bother going through the fences for the best camera angle. I can guess what this sign says...





The puddles on the road are particularly fun. First examining the patterns, then stepping on them and breaking the top layer of ice. This one is made of ice, water and air bubbles.

When the road sloped downwards I could see the air bubbles under the ice moving to allow the water to flow downhill.



Almost three weeks ago, I checked out the lake and admired the stream, which was still frozen on top. Now the water's gushing and brown.



But there's still a bit of snow up higher on the far side...



As I feared, the location of the barbeque is becoming somewhat watery.



Last time I walked along here, I could still follow the tracks that a snow mobile made. This time I was picking my way through mud, puddles, decomposing leaves and a few stray clumps of icy snow. The path wasn't so obvious...







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home